Monday, November 16, 2015

Transfers=New companion!‏

So Elder Bof´s and my time has ended. They will just be the glory days to look back on now. But there is still much to do and much more to learn! Elder Bof headed out the wonderful fields of San Felipe. How I would love to go back to the country/rural parts of Chile. But I´ll keep strong in the battle here in the City. I am now with Elder Soriano who was born in Venezuela but when he was 15 he and his family moved to Italy. As impossible as it may seem I am going to try to learn a couple things in Italian... I don´t think it will go well but it´s worth a shot!

I realized in my letters that I always write the things that have happened and not so much the things that I have learned. Maybe I just haven´t learned anything yet.... haha no I have learned so much. I just feel like I don´t know how to express myself very well in words so it is always hard for me to try to communicate what I have learned to all of you through email. I´ve decided to change my way of writing and focus more on the things I have learned than the things I have done. I´ve gotten to the point where I feel like I just do the same things all the time or that an investigator came to church or that an investigator didn´t come to church and what not kind of things like that. In reality I don´t think that really intereses a lot of people (me being included) haha.

To start this new concept I´ll start with something very little but very important I learned this week and next week I will try to have something a little bit more prepared!

This week I learned to trust our church leaders. Not just the higher leaders but down to the very smallest leader in the church/mission. Any leader who seeks the Spirit and follows it can give perfect counsel and advice. Just as good as any other leader in the whole church. I know what our leaders (including but not specifically: zone leaders, mission president, Apostles and Prophet) do and choose are things that we should always support and follow with faith. When we need a little assurance we can always look to our loving Heavenly Father and ask to make sure that everything is okay. He´ll tell us that all is well. Maybe he won´t tell us in one big answer but he will give us enough light to see ahead of us for the next few steps as we follow our leaders.

I also learned that we can have peace in our lives and souls by always studying our scriptures, going to church, and praying fervently. By doing those three things there is nothing in the world that can keep us from feeling the love and peace that God gives to us (Romans 8: 35, 37-39).


Love and miss all. Have a fantastic week!


Elder Gunnell

No comments:

Post a Comment