Tuesday, June 21, 2016

The Beginning of the Lasts

It`s official. I am in my very last transfer in the mission. The whole thing feels like a dream!!! I can`t believe it`s already coming to a close... I am veryyy excited to have six more weeks and see what other fantastic experiences I have. I`m positive that this will be my all time best transfer.

Speaking of transfers!! You will NOT believe that Elder Catlett and I are staying together in our same sector for our last six weeks!! Haha I couldn`t believe it at least. Everyone was so sure that he would be leaving. To our great surprise we get to finish our missions together! Haha these are going to be some fuuuuunny weeks. To say the least, I`m happy and if this transfer goes as fast as the last two with him, I`ll be home in a bling of an eye. Can`t complain.

Today we went to the temple and after the session they invited us to be witnesses in some sealings so we did and as we left the sealing room we bumped into the people that were headed into a session. I took a quick glance and thought I saw a familiar face, did a double take and realized it was Casey Lowe! (For those of you who don`t know we went to school together) We didn`t really have much time to talk but it was real neat seeing him! He had come to Santiago to go to the temple for the last time because he is finishing his mission. Shout out to him and congrats! He seemed very happy and like he didn`t have any regrets, I hope to feel the same!:)

We had quite a monumental moment with Juana`s (the girl who may or may not be getting baptized this week... Her date might be changed if she wants!) mom went to church with her!! They both told us that they would never ever be baptized or go to church or anything like that and now Juana is going to be baptized and her mother went to church!! Haha it was incredible and fantastic and her mommed loved it! The reason we might change her baptism is simply because her mom might be out of town and we really want to her to be able to see it and participate in it!

Our good friend Omar paid us with a huge BBQ for all the service we have been doing in his house. I haven`t eaten that much meat since my last Thanksgiving in the states. It wasn`t quite as big as the BBQs that Kui does and the meat and chicken weren`t quite as good as Kui`s BUT I can`t complain cause it was still delicious.

We had the BEST family home evening night last night in the bishops house. We invited the two new Elders that are in our ward to come and we took Juana AND her cousin Veronica for the first time. We had BLAST! It was very successful! 

I have some high hopes for this last transfer and I think we will see some magnificent things here!:)

Please make this week the best week ever! I want to end with a wonderful quote from our wonderful Prophet, ¨This is our one and only chance at mortal life—here and now. The longer we live, the greater is our realization that it is brief. Opportunities come, and then they are gone. I believe that among the greatest lessons we are to learn in this short sojourn upon the earth are lessons that help us distinguish between what is important and what is not. I plead with you not to let those most important things pass you by as you plan for that illusive and nonexistent future when you will have time to do all that you want to do. Instead, find joy in the journey—now.¨ 

So be HAPPY! And be happy NOW! Not tomorrow. Don`t waste even a single day being unhappy:)


With love,
Elder Gunnell

No comments:

Post a Comment