Tuesday, July 26, 2016

The Greatest Adventure

First I`d like to talk about this last week then the upcoming week and a little testimony!

The best news that I have of the last week is that my comp and I gave our last talks in Chile on Sunday! It was a very bittersweet moment. Before getting up and speaking I got to thinkin about it all, I can`t believe I won`t be sitting in a chapel here in Chile in a week. To be here with these people in this ward seems so... So normal, so comfortable, so wonderful! But I know it`s time to leave. I promised to be here two years and they've come to an end! I can`t change that now. I do feel like it is time for me to progress outside of the mission as well. The irony of the mission is that you really start to figure everything at towards the end. The good news is that the end has been the best and most powerful part of my mission! To illustrate that a little bit better I have a small experience! I was knocking (when I say knocking I mean yelling at a door because everyone has gates and you just have to yell ¨alo¨ really loud so they hear you and come outside) at a door and a woman came out a little upset and definitely a little annoyed with me and snottily asked me what I wanted. I told her who I was and why I was here and what we do as missionaries. As I told her a little about what we teach about Christ and the family I shared with her a tiny testimony of mine and they way things in her life can change! I literally saw her attitude change in her face and she accepted a visit by us.

At the beginning of my mission I don`t think that would have happened because I wouldn`t have been able to have shared such a small sweet testimony that was as sincere as the one I shared with her. I don`t know if I`ve ever actually shared such a sincere personal testimony like that since it was here in Chile when I really started to develop my own.

Faustin our Haitian friend is going to be baptized this Sunday!!! What a wonderful surprise! I am so excited to be a part of that! If you need something to pray about or for, pray for Faustin!!!

We had, like always, a wonderful family home evening last night. They best one yet actually! All of Juana`s family was there and lots of people more! I will miss those family nights but I`m excited to be with my own family on Monday nights here soon!

Because there are so many missionaries going home in my group President didn`t want to do all the last interviews on the same day so he called in about half of us yesterday morning and we had our last interviews with him. It was unreal to be in that last one with him! I remember my first like it was just yesterday... 

This upcoming week will FLY by!!!! This Thursday President has invited our zone and one other zone to a special p-day in the mission home to play volleyball and soccer and what not and have a bbq because we were the hardest working zone in this transfer period. I am soo happy for this. Zapadores (the zone I`m in) was the worst zone in the mission for a long long time but with the help of the AMAZING missionaries here we have been able to turn that reputation 100% around!!! Now we are being recognized as one of the best zones and the hardest working. What a miracle! I am so happy to be able to end with our zone like that! Should be a real fun day!


I have never been happier! I truly wish that everyone could feel as I feel right now. Finishing my mission gives me such a gratifying and satisfying feeling. I can`t help but smile!! I`ve never accomplished something so big, hard, long, or something that has required such effort. Being a missionary is the best experience in the world!! I don`t want to make it sound like the mission was terrible or too hard or anything like that because it`s not like that at all! Haha it is the funnest thing but it requires work! I know that God knows what`s best for each of us. He takes us to our limits and then asks for a step of faith, and those are the steps of faith that change us. They changed me. I love this work and this gospel and I know there are so many people out there that need it! May we always be looking for them to be able to share the light that we have!

I am so so grateful for and will always be in debt to all those who have written and supported me in this journey. Your letters were not in vain! I treasure them all! Thank you for your kind words, prayers, gifts, and love. Soon enough I`ll hug the life out of all you so you can know that I mean these things that I`m saying!!

Jesus Christ is our Savior and our way back to our Heavenly Father with our eternal families. There is no other way. I know he has is hands outstretched with unconditional love. He loves you! With Christ there are no ends, no lasting sadness or downs. With Christ everything is optimistic! God loves us and has blessed us with a Prophet, Thomas S. Monson, who can lead us to safety and peace in a fallen world. I know the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is THE true church. 

My mission is the greatest thing to happen in my life up to this point. It`s so surreal that it`s ending.

I can`t help but repeat it but I have never been happier!!

See you next Tuesday!!!
This is what he sent on Drey's Birthday
 Went on a little hike

 A fence of trays
 A lone flower
  A public bathroom....

 The zone!!

 Zone party in the Alcantara house!!
  The class for those leaving on Monday! See you on Tuesday!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 That`s how streets are left after a flea market! See the lil taxi pulling 2 trailers? 

 They just cut ALL the branches off the trees in front of our house! Now they look awful and we`ll probs die from lack of oxygen!!

 This is the smog that has been in the sky for like the last month or so! Realllly gross and really bad air. Fortunately it rained this last weekend! 
  Those are the mountains that were finally uncovered since the rain took away the smog
here is a man that somehow manages to drink 24 hours a day. We really respect him for that feat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment