Tuesday, May 19, 2015

New Sector, New Companion!!

Woohooo!! So I finally got moved which was fantastic because I was getting sick and tired of packing up my stuff and waiting for them to come get me and then getting the call that told me that I would be leaving the next day then unpacking everything and doing it the next day! That happened from Friday to Wednesday but that´s not important because I am here!!!!:) I am completely lost once again but I love it. I love new things, people, and places. My companion is Elder Ibarra, when I heard his name I was so pumped I was thinking I was going to have my first Latin companion and I was so excited!! Turns out... He´s from Washington... But he is one of the coolest kids I´ve met on the mission. We are going to have some good times together I´m sure! His parents are from Mexico so he actually already knew Spanish which will help me a lot. I am so happy and excited to be here! So we got here Wednesday night and by Saturday morning we already had an activity planned for the ward and for their friends. Saturday morning we went and talked to the bishop and said yes! It was announced in church on Sunday and so now the date is set and we just have to finish up the details! We are going to do a movie night and watch ¨Meet the Mormons¨ (thanks again to Miguel for buying it and bringing it to me, you´re the best) but we are trying to get the members motivated to help us out, we are going to make invitations(super cool and pretty haha) and give them to every family with the goal that they invite one of there non member friends to come and watch a movie, converse, and eat sandwiches and treats! We will do it the 5th of June so hopefully neither of us gets changed before that.

I am so excited!! Just for it all! Haha

It was really weird in church because there was only 80 of us... Compared to my last ward it is super small! In Elders Quorum there was six of us(including us). Wayy different but it´s all good! Hopefully we can get some baptisms here and bump up membership.

I would tell you about our investigators and what not but I don´t remember all the names of all the people we have visited up til now so sorry.. But we are working with a family! The mom doesn´t really want to be baptized but she really likes that her daughter, Fernanda, goes to mutual every week and she likes the good things the church teaches her! Fernanda is actually inviting one of her amigas to come to mutual too so that is awesome!! The biggest challenge with them is that the dad, Ruben, is a semi driver and is always out of town on the weekends. But I know God can work miracles, I´m hoping the best for this family!

Another huge difference is the house... Oh man oh man oh man our house... HUGE difference from my last house... Or in better words in my 5 star apartment. But whatever it´s awesome I don´t even care that it´s a stinky house, that´s not why we are here as missionaries and it just gives me more motivation to leave as early as possible! Haha but no it really isn´t terrible just not nearly as fancy but that is to be expected. We live in the same lot as some members because there is a second house behind their house so we have to pass on the side of theirs.

When we got there, their dog tried to eat me. That was fun. We don´t have water pressure... It literaly drops out of the shower head and the water heater always turns off on me, I have bad luck. It is always so cold in the house!! Even it is hot outside I still have to put on a jacket inside! I don´t know what´s up with that. And once again it has a bad smell but whatever! It´s all good!!:)

Gigantic shout out for TYSON and his MISSION CALL to the Ecuador Quito North Mission and for his birthday last week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhh!!!


Over and out family and friends. Til next week. 


Love always,
Elder Gunnell

P.S. I´ll work on snapping some pics this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment