Monday, May 11, 2015

Week after Mother's Day

So I´m keeping this one short!

First of all I really was thinking about how blessed I am to have the family I have. Each one of them is incredible and I love them to death. I don´t know why I got so lucky to be in a family of such good people but I really truly am so grateful. I loved seeing you all yesterday. I felt like we could just pick it right up from where we left it! It was a blast and I love you all. 

I also got thinking a lot about the temple Saturday night because we took some investigators and did a little tour with them. The sister missionaries that are in that mission do the tours and part of the tour is when we actually get to enter into the first doors of the temple. After being in between the first and second doors and when everyone is all quiet they let a couple people at a time enter in the second set of doors to be able to feel what the temple brings. I don´t know if it was a better experience for our investigator, Viviana, or for me. It was pretty good for her because she began to cry and felt the spirit very strong. She didn´t want to leave. Later she asked us when she could be baptized. And we decided together that the 24th of this month would be the day. It was really neat because we had set baptism dates for her before but she never felt ready but this time she ASKED us when we could do it. The problem is that when she went home that night she got home to a party that her sisters had started with some friends. This made her decided that she might return to Boliva this week instead of at the end of this month. So in the end, she may not get baptized here but I am sure she will in Boliva and that is the important thing. Being in the temple was a really cool experience for me because it´s been awhile since I´ve been in and because here in Santiago there are millions of people, hundreds of buses and cars, and they are all going in a million directions. There is always so much noise and it never seems to stop. Night or day. Going in to the temple and being in such a peaceful place really helped me to appreciate the blessing of having a temple and gave me a second to relax and take a breather. I felt the spirit so strong. I felt that I was doing the right things. I felt like I never want to be unworthy to enter such a special place. I´m pumped for when we, as a mission, have our trip to the temple to go do a session!

 This is Viviana and us! The temple was soo very pretty at night, all lit up and white.

Supposedly I am supposed to be changing areas today but they still aren´t sure. If I got today it will be around 6 or 7 but we will see. I´m pretty sure that sometime this week I will be moved but I don´t know when! Haha. I am excited! And a little bummed, the members in this ward are wonderful and it has been so sweet to be in the heart of Santiago. I love being in the city with all the buildings, even if it makes the work a little bit harder, so I don´t know if I´m ready to go back to an area with small houses and without tons of buildings but I am stoked to have my first latin companion!! I´ve been waiting for this for eight months!!

We decided to have a more relaxed P-day today and we made homemade pizzas!!!
We bought all sorts of stuff and just loaded it with ingredients. I also made some yummy sauteed mushrooms and onions! Put some oregano and other spices in the sauce and man was it the best pizza that I´ve eaten in Chile!!

 Mmmmmm sooo tasty
 We made two huge pizzas... The two of us finised half of one of them... Good thing we have dinner tonight with a couple investigators! Guess what we´re having? Pizza!!

Thank you to all of those who sent me a little something in my package that Miguel brought to me. I loved them all! Thanks for the letters too! I still can´t believe that Miguel came and met you guys without even telling me but it was a fantastic surprise!


Love,
Elder Gunnell

No comments:

Post a Comment