Monday, April 13, 2015

Playing Tourist

Well I´ve got to say sorry because I will be cutting this email a little short because I didn´t get a around to writing a lot this last week. 

So this week I was asked to teach our district class on Wednesday. I was a little nervous because what do I have to tell missionaries that have been out here for a whole lot more time than me? I was glad the subject was something that I have a little knowledge about. I taught about Family History. I did a little research last week and I was working on my little booklet that we have that´s called ¨My Family¨. In my class I shared a story about Francis Wilson Gunnell (his story can be found on familysearch and I thought it was super cool) and I shared some things about Grandpa Burke. Overall I think it went pretty well. I talked decently enough in spanish that I´m pretty sure they understood me! Haha

We have an investigator whose name is Oscar. He is very intelligent and is always ready to learn more. He has a baptismal date for the 26th of this month. But this week he cancelled on us three times and we haven´t really been able to talk to him very much. He came to church so I think everything is okay. We have taught him all the lessons and he understands it all so he would be ready for his baptism but I´m afraid he doesn´t have a testimony. He knows it all but I don´t know if he has truly recieved an answer. I´m afraid to baptize someone if they still lack their own testimony so we will see what´s up this week!

What we really need here is to find more people to teach. We have basically been teaching the same people and they aren´t progressing. It´s kind of disheartening sometimes but we are gooing to try some new things this week hopefully!

That´s about it for this week. We have transfers this upcoming week and a trip to the temple with the mission which I´m very excited about! Have a fantastic week.

Happy birthday shout out to Wolford!

Over and out,
Elder Gunnell

 This was sweet! Miguel (Elders Quorum Pres.) told us a few places to go check out yesterday so that´s what we did today. We went and toured some of the older parts of Santiago and it was so pretty. All the streets and plants and apartments with little sandwich shops and bakeries. I loved it. He also told us to go get some ice cream in this little shop pictured above. Turns out it is one of the top 25 ice cream parlors in the world. Or so they say. But I´d agree, it was delicious. I tried Raspberry mint with Chocolate Avellana. I have no idea what avellana means in english but it was wonderful!
 So to start off this P-day we went to a place called Santa Lucia. It´s like a hill in downtown Santiago that has like a castle built on it, pretty neat.
 A view from above.

 This is a panorama of our area, all we have are buildings, a little different than Catemu.

 A little park that is half way up the hill. A picture from the ¨summit¨. It´s not a very big hill but still cool.

The waterfall that is in the park.

 Waterfall again, this time you can see the ¨summit¨.
 


 I wanted to get a selfie with me and my area, but the sun was in my eyes so this is what you get... Sorry
Then I needed to cut my hair so we talked to a member and they said there was a nice little place around the corner from where they lived. I don´t know if we went to the right place but I am so glad we went. This little old man owns this little hair dressing shop. He is 85 years old and still going strong. He has been doing hair for 57 years and we just had a great time together, there was no way I could leave without taking a photo. Funnest and funniest hair cut of my life. This old man is a legend in my book. Thank you Octavio.

This reminded ​me of Harney´s Peak in South Dakota, but it wasn´t nearly as cool as South Dakota. But I had a nice little session of reminiscing (I have no idea how to spell that).

We made some cinnamon rolls with the Elders Quorom President, Miguel(he`s awesome), and man were they tasty. As always
Also with Miguel we made soft tacos! Oh how I miss mexican food. I`d do anything for a Beto`s burrito...

No comments:

Post a Comment